Sunday, December 21, 2014

Review & Tour: Call of Duty series by Tamara McHatton


Call of Duty books 

by Tamara McHatton

Genre: Military Romance

Tour Organizer: N K Author Services

Call of Duty Book 1: Deadly Obligations





Captain Garrett Jensen, decorated Green Beret, has two great loves in his


life...his career and his family.


The continual demands as commander of a Special Ops unit become too 

much for his wife, Catherine. Although she loves him, she's grown weary

of fighting against his career and files for divorce, wanting a normal and 

safe life for their girls.

But when danger, wrapped in the guise of Garrett's latest assignment, 

strikes close to home, estranged husband and wife must team up against 

the deadly drug underworld in order to save their kidnapped children.

Embroiled in secrets at every turn, learning to trust each again becomes 

the key. Their enemies are within, and without, but which is which?
 
 
My Review:
 This was a pretty fast read. Very emotional with some action.
I really liked Cat and Garrett. At times their reactions didn't make much sense to me but I really wanted them to be together and work through their issues. They could be very frustrating with the hot and cold towards each other.  I liked that they finally got more of an understanding of each other and what their lives are really like. Cat finally got a better idea of just what Garrett does for this country and Garrett realized just how hard it is for Cat having to do everything alone and raise their children.  
It does end on a cliff hanger but I still felt that everything was pretty well  resolved when the story ends.



Call of Duty Book 2: Deadly Loyalties








Chantilly LaFluer's old commander tasks her with creating an 


experimental ops squad unheard of before 9/11, a colossal opportunity to


make her vision of a Skunk Works team a reality. The only hitch in the 


plan is one of her trainers.


Bucky Stevens, Green Beret and rogue soldier, agrees to come on board 

to help his friend, Major Jensen. Beats sitting behind a desk. What he 

didn't expect was his latest conquest as his commanding officer.

Trying to put aside their past, they answer the call of duty to train an

 alphabet group of recruits in the latest cutting-edge technology. But 

when terrorists strike on US soil before the end of training, their green 

team is shoved into the field. With high adrenaline and higher stakes, 

Chantilly and her motley crew will need to depend on their deadly loyalties

 if they want to make it out alive.

My review:
 This book stands alone really well from the first. It touches on what happened at the end of book one but I still wish that there was more resolution to that story. That being said this book was much more exciting and full of new characters. I was drawn into the story really fast and intrigued to see what happened.
 There were a lot of characters in this. The story was mostly from the POV's of Bucky and Chantilly. But Bobbi one of the recruits for their new team also had some from her POV. Their was a little bit of romance for Bucky and Chan. I really liked them together. They had great chemistry. I hope the next book will focus on Bobbi and maybe more of the other recruits.
This was a fun read with some action and excitement. It was also really interesting to get the insight into some of the training and exercises that they did. I look forward to reading more with this author and hopefully this team.



Tamara bio:
I grew up in Cocoa Beach, Florida around astronauts and aerospace engineers, a true 

child of the Space Race. Is it any wonder I live life like one big adventure? After 

turning thirty-something, I became an editor and reviewer, and have over fifty books

 to my credit. From there, I ventured into providing stock photography and cover art

 for books worldwide, and then married one of the models I "discovered." Oh, and did

I mention I have worked with the Chippendales, Thunder from Down Under, and RT's 

Men of Romance models?

I spent the first ten years of my married life as a Special Forces wife, raising a bunch 

of boys along the way, then went through a divorce that changed my world. I tucked 

tail and retreated to Florida, back to my mother and family. It took a while, but I 

eventually remarried "The Perfect Hero," became the co-owner and CEO of SUITE

Magazine, traveled the world, and immersed myself in pleasures of the water: jet 

skiing, snorkeling, scuba diving, tandem surfing, etc. So now, I've come full circle and 

I'm writing again, thanks to Gail Delaney and Desert Breeze Publishing.





No comments:

Post a Comment